Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wild morning...

Ok I have had an armadillo in my yard tearing it up... at 5:30 am this morning; we came face to face...

Needless to say, we have too many guns around the house to choose from. (let me clear something up...I have my guns...my husband has his guns....most of which I have never shot....let alone handled!
Before he left, my husband told me use the 22 with the scope if you see the armadillo again....
Huummmm it is still DARK outside!!!   I cannot shot a rifle with a flashlight in my hand!!

First I grab the 4-10...my mind says.."oh that is gonna be a BIG mess..." ok put it back...run for the bedroom got my pistol; shot 7 times and the stupid thing kept running for the house....DANG!!!!
I never miss!!!! 
ok tomorrow morning...he is mine...

Surprise! at the break of day...he was out again....my pistol is loaded ..I grab the rifle with the scope (thinking I am getting a 22 rifle)...."dang this gun is heavy" ok I have him in the cross hairs....safety off....CLICK!....WHAT THE H*** load another round in the chamber.....CLICK! D***  the gun has no bullets!!!!!!!   Why tell me to use a gun that is not loaded...

Finally I have my pistol again...SNEAKING through the yard...
well let's just say he won't tear my yard up anymore!

Come to find out....the Rifle I had...WAS A 30-6...I would of woke the whole neighborhood, not to mention the hole I would of left in the yard!!!     Thank the lord it was not loaded!!! 

Now I know for sure where the 22 with the scope is...and my pistol is fully loaded....

Armadillo's BEWARE!!

1 comment: